Sage 50 Quantum Accounting is designed to be fully compliant with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), with features and checkpoints that provide the accuracy and security to run your business with peace of mind.
- Real, double-entry accounting for numbers that add up
- Audit trails to track user activity and deter fraud
- Find accounting errors with up to 15 different checks of the data with the Internal Accounting Review
- Easily analyze and forecast your cash flow
- Pay your bills electronically with Sage 50 Online Bill Pay1
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting can help you organize, automate, and synchronize customer-related business processes, as well as reduce the costs of marketing and customer service.
Customer Management Center
- Create a customizable dashboard view of your customers' information, such as converted and unconverted quotes, invoices, receipts, time tickets, aged balances, items and services sold, and more.
- Save time by looking up customers quickly, based on their ID, phone number, or any of their contact information.
- Easily export customer information to Microsoft Excel or PDF, or launch an email from the Customer Management Center.
NEW! Integrated Sage E-Marketing2
Easily create, send, and track marketing emails to your Sage 50 contacts; FREE 60-day trial included.
Sage ACT! Integration3 provides access to customer information in an instant
With Sage ACT! Link for Sage 50, customers can easily synchronize key data between their Sage 50 Quantum Accounting solution and Sage ACT! contact and customer management solution. You'll have the details of your customers and vendors such as credit information, current balance, last invoice and payment, open quotes, sales orders, receipts, and more, right at your fingertips!
Store an unlimited number of customer contacts and keep track of details like contacts' titles, phone numbers, email address, and specify the ship-to addresses.
Open Multiple Companies5
Get your work done faster by being able to open and work in multiple companies. Toggle between companies in just one click without closing your current company.
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting helps you manage the delicate balance between too much inventory and not enough. The true cost of carrying inventory, such as storage, insurance and taxes, can have a significant impact on your business's profitability.
Inventory Tracking and Replenishment
- Create and track inventory items based on user defined attributes such as size, color, style, and more.
- Maintain accurate Quantity on Hand information by reserving inventory requested on Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
- Automatically create purchase order to replenish inventory when inventory reaches a predetermined level. It's also possible to create purchase orders from sales orders and invoices.
Inventory Pricing and Multiple Costing Methods
- Establish up to 10 different, customizable price levels per item. It's easy to update prices by a specific dollar amount or percentage.
- Apply a pricing change to a handful of items or everything in inventory. Apply price increases or decreases globally, rounding prices to a specific cent or dollar amount.
- Choose among the Average, LIFO, FIFO, and Specific Unit inventory costing methods.
Additional Inventory/Vendor Management features & benefits:
- Serialized Item Tracking & Costing
- Warranty Tracking
- Quantity Discounting
- Just-in-Time Purchasing Flexibility
- Assembly History Tracking
- Storing of additional inventory attributes
- Commissionable Item Tracking
- Drop Shipments
- Master stock and sub item tracking
- Work Ticket Tracking
Save time and reduce errors by keeping track of your employee information in one place. Maintain detailed employee records, such as hiring data, demographic information, emergency contacts, performance reviews, and more.
- Keep track of employee time – or have each employee track his/her own time – for payroll and job costing.
- Track common employee benefits and deductions based on your company's needs for more reliable accounting.
- Setup automated email alerts to be notified when important dates are coming up, such as I-9 reverification, performance reviews, or birthdays.
- Choose from payroll services that include print-n-sign tax forms, e-filing, direct deposit, and even full service outsourced payroll to help manage your payroll in Sage 50 Quantum Accounting.1
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting offers helpful tools to optimize your business processes, manage resources, track projects, tasks, and time, and put your business in the best possible position for improved profitability and sustainable growth.
The Job and Project Management Center allows you to see the various components of a job from one convenient spot, and give you the complete job picture—from start to finish.
- Quickly access frequently used job tasks on the intuitive dashboard
- Track projects at the job level, job/phase or job/phase/cost code level
- Format job IDs and cost codes with up to 20 alphanumeric characters
- Track an unlimited number of user-definable cost and phase categories
- Track estimated and actual schedule dates
- Create unlimited user-definable job status codes with visual "stop light" indicators
- Make notes and attach documents to your jobs
- Closely track Change Orders and their approvals to make sure each job remains profitable
- Track subcontractor insurance such as general liability and workman's comp.
Flexible Billing and Job Costing Capabilities:
- Track expense and revenue project totals by job, phase, and cost code by year, quarter, month, week, or specific accounting period
- Track actual and committed job costs and revenues to always know job profitability throughout the project
- Apply Labor Burden rates for employees at the Job or Company level
- Progress Billing for % of Contract or % of Completion
- Ability to withhold retainage1 per the contract terms
Create reports on the fly using the interactive job reporting and output to Excel, Adobe PDF or email. Many job reports can be customized to your needs, such as, Retainage, Job Profitability, Job Ledger details, or Work in Progress. Create your own job reports using Crystal Reports® 2008.
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting includes: 140+ standard reports, interactive job reporting, Crystal Reports®, and Sage 50 Business Intelligence. Customizable reports give you the data you need – the way you want it – to recognize opportunities, to steer your business and to help increase profitability. Output reports to email, Adobe or Excel.
Sage 50 Business Intelligence
A fully integrated reporting and analysis solution that supplements the reporting capability in Sage 50 to make it easy to create powerful, customized reports in the tool you already use – Microsoft® Excel®.
Cash Flow Manager
- Easily analyze and forecast your cash flow to know whether or not you will have enough cash to meet current and upcoming financial obligations.
- Export cash flow forecasts into Microsoft Excel or run what-if analysis transactions to see how purchases will impact your cash flow.
Multi-Year Reporting & Budgeting
- Compare budgets and financial results across multiple years.
- Improve trending analysis and more accurately forecast based on prior year activity.
- Create personalized navigation so you no longer have to wade through screens and menus you don't use.
- Customize your dashboards to organize key, real-time information and access it easily. Customize the screens to only show things you do on a regular basis, like managing Aged Receivables, or Aged Payables, or Payroll and much more.
- Quickly see who your most profitable customers are, what bills need to be paid, and what is owed to them.
The Order Process Workflow system in Sage 50 Quantum Accounting keeps everyone informed in real time of all the details in your sales and purchase processes, so that anyone with approved access can instantly know where your order is, when it's due, who's handling it, or what the problem with it is. You can customize triggers, steps and statuses that are crucial to your company.
- Keep track of all the moving parts of your order process so nothing gets missed and everything moves along as planned.
- Notify the next person in the process with a status and specific notes as needed.
- Have one centralized place to keep track of all the work involved in the process, or see just your own tasks.
- Automatically send notifications to designated employees/customers/vendors once a task is completed.
- My Inbox on My Dashboard monitors the status of a user's processes and transactions, and allows them to take action.
More users mean more security concerns. Sage 50 Quantum Accounting helps ensure security of your sensitive data, and lets you control which users have access to which data and features.
Role Based Security
Role-based security controls allow for screen-level and report group access control. Administrators can select from more than 100 specific areas to give Add, Edit, View-Only, or No Access rights to each user. You can even block access to key navigation screens.
- Accommodates 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 licensed, named users1
- Optimized database capacity2
- Send notifications to other users that they need to log out, or if necessary, manually log them out
Speed and Performance
SmartPosting is a Windows service that manages the posting of transactions independently of the client workstation. It saves times because you can continue to add and save transactions without having to wait for the posting to finish, plus it alerts you to errors or problems since the SmartPosting Manager monitors the state of the service running in the background.
Schedule your company's backup to run recurring and automatically during non-business hours.
Sage 50 Online Backup
Fast, secure, efficient backups of your financial data and other business critical files such as documents, Excel spreadsheets and email3. Automatically schedule backups. Access your data from the Web on any computer.
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting offers features for companies in industries such as Manufacturing, Distribution, Construction, Nonprofit and Accounting.
- Construction Specific Operational Reports
- Labor Burden Assessment
- Progress Billing
- Retainage Management for Companies Using Accrual Based Accounting
- Subcontractor Insurance Tracking
- Buy/Sell in Different Units
- Enhanced Kitting and Assembly Capabilities
- Inventory Trend Analysis
- Order/Sell Using Vendor Part Numbers
- Quantity Price Breaks
- Distribution Specific Operational Reports
- Enhanced Assembly Capabilities
- Creation and Tracking of Work Tickets
- Enhanced BOM Management
- Buy/Sell in Different Units
- Manufacturing Specific Operational Reports
- Integration with MISys SBM solution
Learn More about our Sage 50 Quantum Manufacturing Edition powered by Manufacturing Information Systems, Inc. (MISys, Inc.) which delivers not only the core accounting features you need, but a rich manufacturing-based accounting feature set that helps drive efficiency, customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Donation Receipts
- Fundraising Letter Template
- Member and Pledges Fees Outstanding
- New customer/Donor Welcome Letter Template
- Unified Chart of Accounts
- United Way based Chart of Accounts
- Access Client Data from any Sage50 product
- Set-up, Open and Edit
- Restore Client Backups
|MBSG provides experts in Sage 50 Quantum (formerly Peachtree) and other Business Management, Software for Inventory Control, ERP, Accounting, CRM, eCommerce, EDI and Business Intelligence.